101.Tom’s father seemed ______ with his good results.
A. happy B. happily
C. angrily D. angry
102.You can show your support to our school team _____ cheering for our players.
A. by B. for
C. to D. of
103. --Will you show me the photo of your family?
--OK. I'll it here next week.
A. take B. catch
C. carry D. bring
104. They didn't start the work their teacher came back.
A. until B. while
C. as soon as D. if
105. --Is the film over?
--I think so. A lot of people are beginning to leave.
A. just B. already
C. almost D. mostly
106. --Would you like to come to our party tonight?
--I'd love to, I'll have to do my homework at home.
A. so B. but
C. because D. and
107. We have never seen film before. It's very interesting.
A. so good B. such good
C. such a good D. a so good
108. Most business letters around the world in English.
A. writes B. is written
C. wrote D. are written
109. --Did your teacher tell you ___ this afternoon?
--Yes. We'll go to visit the Science Museum.
A. how to do B. what to do
C. to go where D. where go to
110. The old man went to a house________.
A. lonely; lonely B. lonely; alone
C. alone; alone D. alone ;lonely
111. --Has your team beaten theirs?
A. ever; Not yet B. already; Yes, already
C. yet; Not ever D. already; Not yet
112. the old woman was a little worried ,but then she felt quiet all right.
A. From time to time
B. In the end
C. In the beginning
D. At the same time
113．He his homework and now is listening to music.
A. finished B. finishes
C. has finished D. was finishing
114. Li Lei hasn't come yet. I don't know what to him.
A. is happened B. has been taken place
C. has taken place D. has happened
115. Mr Smith in America this time last year.
A. travelled B. would travel
C. has travelled D. was travelling
116. --What would you like to do, singing or dancing?
--I choose you a song.
A. sang B. singing
C. to sing D. sing
117. Don't go out. I don't want you to ____
A. get lose B. get missed
C. get miss D. get lost
118. --I you good luck in the coming new year.
A. want B. wish
C. hope D. like
119. What he said about the life in that country is .
A. surprise B. surprised
C. surprising D. to be surprised
120. He’s never visited France, ________ he ?
A. is B. isn’t
C. has D. hasn’t
121. Many teenagers find ___ interesting to play ball games.
A. that B. it
C. them D. this
122.----Look, it’s going to rain.
----Really ? ______ , I don’t take a raincoat with me.
A. I’m afraid not
B. I hope not.
C. Good idea
D. I hope so.
123. It was too noisy, ______ we couldn’t hear _____ he said at the meeting.
A. so, that B. so, what
C. that, what D. to, that
124. There is only _______ water in the bottle.
A. a bit B. a little of
C. a bit of D. a few
125.-- Shall I sit at this end of the boat or the other ?
--If you keep still(不动的), you can sit at ________ end.
A. neither B. each
C. either D. any
126.Mary ________ show us her new dictionary .
A. has asked to B. was asked to
C. is asked D. asks to
127.During the summer holidays , he was made ______ two hours a day.
A. to swim B. swim
C. swimming D. swum
128.---- Lily, nice to see you ! ______ to England ?
---- Yes. And I will come back in a week.
A. Have you gone B. Are you going
C. Have you been D. Did you go
129.--Are you learning music now in your free time ?
--No. I’ve stopped ______ Chinese medicine instead.
A. to learn B. learning
C. learn D. studying
130. The doctors did what they could _______ her.
A. helping B. help
C. helped D. to help
131.Teaching little children is ______, but the teachers always _______.
A. a hard work, to work hard
B. hard work, to work hard
C. a hard work, work hard
D. hard work, work hard
132. A minute, please. You ________ your room soon.
A. will show B. will be shown
C. show D. are showed
133. _______ the students like playing football.
A. Two thousand of B. Thousands of
C. Two thousand D. B and C
134. It was ___ bad weather___ they all had to stay at home.
A. such a… that B. such… that
C. so… that D. too… to
135.Amy _____ spend all her pocket money, but now she ____saving some of it.
A. was used to, used to B. used to, is used to
C. used to, used to D. was used to, is used
136. He didn’t come to work ________ his illness.
A. because B. because of
C. if D. however
137.I think _______ is enough food to eat during the winter.
A. they all need B. all of their need
C. all they need D. they need all
138.I’m sorry. I still have some problems ______.
A. solving B. to solve
C. being solved D. to be solve
139. --When will you go back to your hometown ?
--______ next week.
A. Sometime B. Some time
C. Sometimes D. Some times
140. --Emma has been ill for a week. Is she all right now?
--_______. The teacher says she can come to school tomorrow.
A. I hope not. B. I don’t think so.
C. I’m afraid so. D. I think so.
141.Great changes _____in Nanjing High School since I came here in 1980.
A. have been taken place B. took place
C. have taken place D. were taken place
142.Shall we ________a rest. We have worked for a long time.
A. stopped to have B. stopped having
C. stop having D. stop to have
143.___________ excellent film we saw yesterday!
A. What B. How
C. What an D. How an
144.--Where is Hellen? I am looking for her.
--_________to Australia. She’s been there for three days.
A. She has gone B. She has been
C. She went D. She will go
145. We________ in the swimming pool at that time.
A. were planning to swim
B. are planning to swim
C. were planning swimming
D. are planning swimming
146. What_______ to the earth in the last ten years?
A. was happened B. has happened
C. happened D. has been happened
147.I’ll tell your daughter about it as soon as she _____ to the meeting tomorrow.
A. comes B. come
C. came D. will come
148. The parents made the little boy_______ the piano for one and a half hours.
A. practise playing B. to practise playing
C. practise to play D. to practise to play
149. My cousin_____ the fashionable jacket in the shop.
A. seems like B. like
C. seems to like D. appears to be like
150. You can choose any other ________except this.
A. works to do B. duties to do it
C. jobs to do it D. job to do
151. I ______ you will write me back soon.
A. wish B. need
C. want D. hope
152. I don’t think_______possible to work out all the maths problems.
A. its B. that
C. this D. it
153. This material is used _____ wood in many ways.
A. for B. instead
C. instead of D. to
154. The boy showed great ________in drawing.
A. interesting B. interested
C. interest D. interests
155. There are many tall trees on________sides of the lake.
A. all B. every
C. both D. any
156.I’m always tired and often feel ________ in class.
A. sleepy B. asleep
C. sleep D. sleeping
157.The city _______ a lot in the ______ three years.
A. is changing ;passing B. is changed ;past
C. has changed; past D. has been changed；passed
158.The farmers were all tired,________none of them stopped to have a rest.
A. so B. because
C. and D. but
159.She feels quite lonely because she has no close friends to_________.
A. talk about B. listen
C. chat D. talk with
160.We all must do something to stop the environment ___.
A. from polluting B. to pollute
C. from polluted D. from being polluted
161.The doctor worked for____ after twelve o’clock.
A. two more hours B. two another hours
C. more two hours D. another two hour
162.--Can I come this evening or tomorrow morning?
--_____ is OK,I’m free today and towmorrow.
A. Either B. Neither
C. Both D. None
163. I’m not sure if it________ tomorrow.If it __________,we’ll put off the match.
A. will rain; will rain B. rains; will rain
C. will rain; rains D. rains; rains
164. The________ old man often walks in the garden_______.
A. lonely, alone B.alone, lonely
C. alone, alone D. lonely, lonely
165.--May I borrow your e-dictionary?
--Sorry, my e-dictionary_________, I’ve looked for it everywhere but still_____it.
A. has lost, haven’t found
B. is missing , haven’t found
C. has lost, don't find
D. is missing, don't find
166. --Did he________live in Australia?
--Yes, but now he __________ living in Taizhou.
A. used to, used to B. use to, used to
C. use to, is used to D. used to, is used to
167.Miss King is kind to us students._______, she is like our elder sister.
A. By the way B. On the way
C. In some ways D. However
168.Your father's never been late for work,_________?
A. is he B. has he
C. isn't he D. hasn't he
169.Tom is ________ boy now.
A. a 11-years-old B. a 11-year-old
C. an 1l-years-old D. an 11-year-old
170.The boy is too busy _____with the toys _____his mother come back home.
A. to play, to see B. playing, to see
C. playing, seeing D. to play; seeing
171.--Do you mind ___________here?
A. me to smoke, Not at all
B. my smoking, Certainly not
C. my to smoke, Of course not
D. if I smoke, Yes, I don't
172. We must stop all kinds of pollution _________better environment.
A. build B. built
C. building D. to build
173.What were you asked ________about the matter?
A. to say B. to speak
C. to tell D. to talk
174. Something strange ______ in the sky suddenly just now.
A. was appeared B. appeared
C. has appeared D. was appearing
175. --What a nice meal! Thank you for having us.
-- _____ .I’m so glad you enjoyed it.
A. It's nothing B. It was a pleasure
C. Not nice enough D. With pleasure
176. One of the two books is here. Where’s my_____ one?
A. other B. another
C. the other D. the others
177. South Hill is 5 km south________ Sunny street.
A. at B. to
C. on D. of
178.My father is looking forward to______ his old friend from Xinjiang.
A. see B. seeing
C. saw D. looking at
179.-- How many apples are there in the basket? --_________.
A. No. B. No one.
C. None. D. Nothing.
180. Kitty, your cousin is_________ that we all like her.
A. such lovely a girl B. such a lovely girl
C. so lovely a girl D. B and C
181.Tom, with his parents,______ to America. They______ back in two weeks.
A. have gone, will come B. has gone, will come
C. have been, have come D. have been, come
182.--We haven't heard from Jane for a long time.
--What do you suppose ________ to her?
A. was happening B. to happen
C. has happened D. having happened
183.I ________that there________an evening party on Saturday evening.
A. was told, was going to have
B. was told, was going to be
C. heard, was going to have
D. was said, is going to be
184.--Do you mind_________here?
A. me to smoke ; Not at all
B. my smoking; Yes, I don’t
C. me to smoke; Certainly not
D. if I smoke; No, Please.
185. --I________ you good luck in the coming new year.
A. want B. wish
C. hope D. like
186.What he said about the life in that country is________.
A. surprise B. surprised
C. surprising D. to be surprised
187.How________it is to see you again!
A. happily B. pleased
C. glad D. pleasant
188. How ______ I am to see you again!
A. good B. pleased
C. nice D. pleasant
189.He was seen______ in the reading room every afternoon.
A. sit B. sitting
C. sat D. to sit
190.The new book______ by Mr Liu_______ last month.
A. was written, was come out
B. written, came out
C. writes, had been out
D. wrote, will be out
191.The Maths problem is not________ for him to_________.
A. easy enough, work out it
B. enough easy, solve
C. easy enough, work out
D. easy enough, work it out
192.What did the teacher tell her to______ at the meeting?
A. tell B. say
C. talk D. speak
193.The treasure box is_______. I think.
A. hid somewhere in abroad
B. hidden abroad somewhere
C. hidden somewhere abroad
D. hidden in somewhere abroad
194.--Ann didn’t come to school yesterday, did she?
--_______, though she was not feeling very well.
A. Yes, she did B. No, she didn’t
C. Yes, she didn’t D. No, she did
195.More than 20 people _______ in traffic accidents_____ last March.
A. die, for
B. have been dead, for
C. have died, since
D. have been dead, since
196.With the money______ he had saved, he went on with his studies.
A. that B. what
C. who D. where
197.If you go to the South Hill, _______.
A. so will I B. So I will
C. so do I D. So I do
198.I________the good news______ the TV.
A. saw, on B. looked at , on
C. saw, by D. looked at, by
199.Tom’s father seemed_____ with his bad results.
A. sadly B. sad
C. happy D. happily
200.Your donations can provide poor people ___ food and clothes and a chance____.
A. to , to study B. to study
C. with, to study D. with, study